When I was a wee girl, my mother would put a pencil and paper in my hand this time of year, and ask me to send a letter to Santa. I was to include my wish list for Christmastime presents. It’s been a while since I corresponded with him, but thought I would shoot the old guy a letter this year, digitally. Here it is:
I have been a very good girl this year. Here are some of the good things that I have been up to:
- I have woken up early, VERY early, almost everyday to see to my young son’s needs.
- I have tried really hard to take my lunch to work, and not buy expensive, yummy lunches out as much this year. I have even had a little success with this!
- I have tried to keep a positive attitude about this abysmal economic year (and at times – soul crushing decade), and am ending it with a positive attitude that next year will be so much nicer (and with a knowledge that the next decade brings excellent hope and promise.)
- I have worked hard to be a supportive wife, friend, mother, & daughter. I know I could always do better with this, but I did put forth my best effort.
If I promise to continue these efforts of support, optimism, and brown-bagging, would you please consider magically stopping by my house this year? You’ll be there dropping things off for my son, anyway! If so, here’s what you might want to bring me:
Wii + Wii Fit
A Nice Night Out With My Husband at a Sweet Chicago Restaurant (perhaps this one?)
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Nude)
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (SC-1)
- Too Faced Cosmetics Lockdown Eye Base (Bondage)
- Glimmer Eyecolor (Pussycat)
A Sweater (This is something I never fail to ask Santa for. This one would be sweet!)
Anyway, I hope all is well with Mrs. Claus and the Reindeer.
Talk to you later,